|Course Code :||BSOC-106|
|Course Title :||Sociology of Religion|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BAG / BA (CBCS) / BASOH|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||30th April, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
31st October, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
BSOC-106 : SOCIOLOGY OF RELIGION
Tutor Marked Assignments
Course Code: BSOC-106
Assignment Code: ASST/BSOC 133/ 2021
Total Marks: 100
There are three Sections in the Assignment. You have to answer all questions in the Sections.
Assignment – I
Answer the following Descriptive Category Questions in about 500 words each. Each question carries 20 marks. 2 × 20 = 40
1. ‘Protestant ethics are closely related with the spirit of capitalism’. Discuss.
2. Explain the symbolic dimension of ritual.
Answer the following Middle Category Questions in about 250 words each. Each question carries 10 marks. 3 × 10 = 30
3. Explain the social significance of pilgrimage.
4. Discuss Weber’s perspective on prophet.
5. Explain the role of Arya Samaj in emancipation of women.
Answer the following Short Category Questions in about 100 words each. Each question carries 6 marks. 5 × 6 = 30
6. What is a cult?
7. Explain the difference between magic and religion.
8. What is animism?
9. Distinguish between sacred and profane.
10. What do you understand by secularization?