|Course Code :||BPY-001|
|Course Title :||Ancient and Western Medieval Philosophy|
|Assignment Number :||BPY-001/TMA/2020-21|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Last date of Submission :||31 March, 2021 (for July 2020 Session)
30 September, 2021 (for January 2021 Session)
BPY 001: Indian Philosophy-I
i) Answer all five questions
ii) All questions carry equal marks
iii) Answer to question no. 1 and 2 should be in about 400 words each.
1. Explain in detail the nature of Brahman and Atman as elaborated in the Mundaka Upanishad.
Discuss how unity becomes the central theme in the upanishadic discussions?
2. Do you think that Indian philosophy is essentially spiritual? Explain. Why is it often termed as a way of life?
Write a detailed essay on the Jaina metaphysics.
3. Answer any two of the following questions in about 200 words each:
a) Illustrate the nature of the Vedic gods in detail.
b) Write a short essay on the moral philosophy of Vidhura.
c) Explain the concept of self in the Charvaka philosophy.
d) Describe briefly the notion of knowledge in Indian philosophy.
4. Answer any four of the following in about 150 words each:
a) Discuss Akshara Brahman.
b) Describe the meaning AUM in Prasna Upanishad.
c) Briefly explain the fourth state of consciousness as narrated in the Mandukya Upanishad.
d) Describe the nature of self as expressed in the Katha Upanishad?
e) What are the main themes of Isavasya Upanishad?
f) What is the concept of nirvana in Buddhism?
5. Write short notes on any five of the following in about 100 words each:
a) Subject matter of Yajurveda
h) Para Vidya
Keywords: BPY-001, BPY001, BPY-1, BPY1, BPY 001 Solved Assignment in English Mediun, IGNOU Assignment Solution Guide, BPY-001 Indian Philosophy-I Assignment Solution, BA Philosophy Answer Key, PDF Softcopy Assignment Solutions