|Course Code :||BPSC-133|
|Course Title :||Comparative Government and Politics|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BAG / BA (CBCS)|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||30th April, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
31st October, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
BPSC -133: COMPARATIVE GOVERNMENT AND POLITICS
(TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT)
Course code: BPSC-133
Assignment Code: BPSC-133/ASST/TMA/2020-21
Answer all questions in the three Assignments and submit them together.
Assignment – I
Answer the following in about 500 words each.
1. Critically examine the nature and scope of Comparative Politics. 20
2. Examine the challenges to sovereignty of nation-state in the globalising world. 20
Assignment – II
Answer the following questions in about 250 words each.
3. Examine of the notion of civil society in the post-colonial context 10
4. Explain presidential system and highlight its major features. 10
5. Briefly describe the core features of a federal form of government. 10
Assignment – III
Answer the following questions in about 100 words each.
6. Distinguish pressure groups from political parties and interest groups. 6
7. Can case studies be used to draw comparative explanations? Give examples. 6
8. Bring out the distinctions between totalitarian and authoritarian regimes 6
9. Describe the functions of political parties in democratic politics. 6
10. What are the core assumptions of classical pluralism? 6