|Course Code :||BPSC-133|
|Course Title :||Comparative Government and Politics|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BAG / BA (CBCS)|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2021 and January 2022 (2021-22)|
|Last Date of Submission :||30th April, 2022 (for July 2021 session)
31st October, 2022 (for January 2022 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
BPSC -133: COMPARATIVE GOVERNMENT AND POLITICS
(TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT)
Course code: BPSC-133
Assignment Code: BPSC-133/ASST/TMA/2021-22
Answer all questions in the three Assignments and submit them together.
Assignment – I
Answer the following in about 500 words each.
1. Define comparative politics. Explain the different approaches in the study of comparative politics.
2. Describe the nature and characteristics of the state in the developing world.
Assignment – II
Answer the following questions in about 250 words each.
3. Compare and contrast political parties and pressure groups.
4. Examine the role of pressure groups in modern political systems.
5. Briefly describe the core features of a federal form of government.
Assignment – III
Answer the following questions in about 100 words each.
6. What are the characteristics of authoritarian regimes.
7. What are the reasons for the intervention of the military in politics?
8. Explain the three meanings of the term civil society.
9. What are the core features of a federal polity?
10. What are the core assumptions of neoliberalism?
Keywords: BPSC-133, BPSC133, BPSC 133, IGNOU Solution Guide, Answer Key