|Course Code :||BLIE-226|
|Course Title :||Management of Library and Information Centre|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BDP / BLIS|
|Max Marks :||70|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
30th September, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
BLIE-226: Management of Library and Information Centre
|Coverage: Blocks: 1 to 4 Units: 1 to 15||Course Code: BLIE-226|
|Course: Management of Library and Information Centre||Assignment Code: AST/TMA/Jul.20-Jan.21|
Total Marks: 70
Note: Answer all questions
I) Answer the following questions in not more than 500 words each. (4X10=40 Marks)
1) Discuss the various approaches to deal with resistance to organisational change.
2) Describe internal and external causes for deterioration of print documents in libraries.
3) Explain the purpose, importance and the process of document weeding in libraries.
4) What do you understand by financial management? Discuss the principles that govern financial management.
II) Answer the following questions in not more than 250 words each. (6X5=30 Marks)
1) Elaborate the important managerial functions and their application in effective management of libraries.
2) Discuss the need for accession policy in a library.
3) Describe the impact of electronic publishing on acquisition.
4) Why disaster management in essential for libraries? Discuss.
5) Explain the need for training of staff in libraries.
6) What do you mean by participative management? Discuss its advantages and disadvantages.