|Course Code :||BHIC-134|
|Course Title :||History of India: 1707-1950|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BAG / BA (CBCS) / HISTORY BA GENERAL PROGRAMME|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2021 and January 2022 (2021-22)|
|Last Date of Submission :||30th April, 2022 (for July 2021 session)
31st October, 2022 (for January 2022 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
BHIC 134: HISTORY OF INDIA: 1707-1950
(TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT)
Course Code: BHIC-134
Assignment Code: BHIC-134/ASST/TMA/2021-22
Total Marks: 100
Note: There are three Sections in the Assignment. You have to answer all questions in the Sections.
Assignment – I
Answer the following in about 500 words each.
1. What were the causes for the Revolt of 1857? 20
2. Discuss the controversies regarding the origin of the Indian National Congress. 20
Assignment – II
Answer the following questions in about 250 words each.
3. ‘The eighteenth century was a century of universal decline’. Comment. 10
4. Discuss the nature of Sikh state. 10
5. What were the ideological tools and methods of mass mobilization employed by Gandhi? 10
Assignment – III
Answer the following questions in about 100 words each.
6. Ryotwari System 6
7. Orientalism 6
8. Socio-Religious Reform movements in Western India in 19th century 6
9. Moderates and Extremists 6
10. Cabinet Mission Plan 6
Keywords: BHIC-134, BHIC134, BHIC 134, IGNOU Solution Guide, Answer Key