|Course Code :||BHIC-132|
|Course Title :||History of India From c.300 To 1206|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BAG / BA (CBCS)|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||30th April, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
31st October, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
BHIC-132 : HISTORY OF INDIA FROM c. 300 TO 1206
Tutor Marked Assignments
Course Code: BHIC-132
Assignment Code: ASST /TMA /July 2019 & January 2020
Total Marks: 100
DCQ: Answer any two questions in about 500 words each:
1. Discuss the expansion and consolidation of the Gupta empire.
2. What was the nature and role of local associations in the Pallava and South Indian polity? Comment.
3. Discuss critically the debate on the origins of the Rajputs.
4. Critically examine the importance of land in the early medieval period.
MCQ: Answer any four questions in about 300 words each:
5. The Gupta period is described by some historians as the ‘Golden Age’. Comment.
6. What were the main features of Harsha’s administration?
7. Comment on the nature of literature under the Pallavas.
8. Describe the importance of Chachnama as a source of history.
9. Discuss the nature and role of the samantas in the Gupta and post Gupta polity.
10. Comment on the nature of social transformation during the early medieval period.
11. Comment on the role of women in the early medieval period.
12. Discuss briefly the disintegration of the Rashtrkuta empire.
SCQ: Answer any two in 100 words each:
13. Answer any two in 100 words each:
(ii) Religion under the Pallavas
(iii) Decline of the bhakti movement