|Course Code :||BHIC-131|
|Course Title :||History of India From The Earliest Times To c.300 C.E|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BAG / BA (CBCS)|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||30th April, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
31st October, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
BHIC-131 : HISTORY OF INDIA FROM THE EARLIEST TIMES TO C.300 C.E.
Tutor Marked Assignments
Course code: BHIC-131
Assignment Code: BHIC-131/ASST/TMA/2020
Note: There are three Sections in the Assignment. You have to answer all questions in the Sections.
Assignment – I
Answer the following in about 500 words each.
1. What are the main sources for the reconstruction of ancient Indian history? 20
2. With reference to town planning and trade networks, describe the main features of the Mature Harappan phase. 20
Assignment – II
Answer the following questions in about 250 words each.
3. Describe the changes in the Later Vedic phase.
4. What were the main features of the Mauryan administration?
5. Comment on the growth of Tamil language and literature.
Assignment – III
Answer the following questions in about 100 words each.
6. Kautilya’s Arthashastra
7. Archaeology as a source
8. Rise of Janapadas and mahajanapadas in the Ganga valley
9. Alexander’s invasion of India
10. Tinai concept