|Course Code :||BHIC-108|
|Course Title :||Rise of the Modern West II|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BAG / BA (CBCS)|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2021 and January 2022 (2021-22)|
|Last Date of Submission :||30th April, 2022 (for July 2021 session)
31st October, 2022 (for January 2022 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
BHIC 108: RISE OF THE MODERN WEST II
(TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT)
Course code: BHIC-108
Assignment Code: BHIC-108/ASST/TMA/2021-2022
Note: There are three Sections in the Assignment. You have to answer all questions in the Sections.
Assignment – I
Answer the following in about 500 words each.
1. What do you understand by the seventeenth-century European crisis? Discuss the origins of the crisis. 20
2. Write a note on the main ideas of Enlightenment in Europe. 20
Assignment – II
Answer the following questions in about 250 words each.
3. Describe the contributions of the natural philosophers in development of astronomy and physics in the seventeenth century. 10
4. Discuss the role of colonial trade in the industrialization of Western Europe. 10
5. Write a note on Oliver Cromwell and his role in English Revolution. 10
Assignment – III
Answer the following questions in about 100 words each.
1. Reformation and Counter-Reformation 6
2. Proto-industrialization in Early Modern Europe 6
3. Mercantilism 6
4. Nature of Colonisation in America 6
5. Rationalism 6
Keywords: BHIC-108, BHIC108, BHIC 108, BAHIH, IGNOU Solution Guide BHIC-108, Answer Key