|Course Code :||BHIC-101|
|Course Title :||History of India From The Earliest Times To c.300 C.E|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BAG / BA (CBCS)|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2021 and January 2022 (2021-22)|
|Last Date of Submission :||30th April, 2022 (for July 2021 session)
31st October, 2022 (for January 2022 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
BHIC 101: HISTORY OF INDIA-1
(TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT)
Course code: BHIC-101
Assignment Code: BHIC-105/ASST/TMA/2021-22
Note: There are three Sections in the Assignment. You have to answer all questions in the Sections.
Assignment – I
Answer the following in about 500 words each.
1. What do you understand Archaeology ? Explain the importance archaeological sources for the reconstructain of history of ancient India. 20
2. What is Neolithic revolution. Describe the major sites of Neolithic culture in India. 20
Assignment – II
Answer the following questions in about 250 words each.
3. What do you understand by Early Harappan cultures ? Discuss some of the characteristies of the transition phase from early to mature phase. 10
4. Explain the changes that occurred in the religion society and economy fram the Rigvedic to the later Vedic phase. 10
5. Briefly describe the Mauryan administration. 10
Assignment – III
Answer the following questions in about 100 words each.
6. Palaeolithic rock art. 6
7. Two famous Iron age cultures of North India. 6
8. The six systems of philosophy (The Shaddarshan) 6
9. Hydrology in ancient India.6
10 Position of Women in early ancient India. 6
Keywords: BHIC-101, BHIC101, BHIC 101, BAHIH, IGNOU Solution Guide BHIC-101, Answer Key