|Course Code :||BGYCT-131|
|Course Title :||Physical and Structural Geology|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BSCG / B.Sc (CBCS)|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||Valid from 1st July, 2019 to 30th June, 2020|
|Submission :||Submit Before June 2020 Exams|
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
PHYSICAL AND STRUCTURAL GEOLOGY
Course Code: BGYCT-131
Assignment Code: BGYCT-131/TMA/2019-2020
Maximum Marks: 100
Note: Attempt all questions. The marks for each question are indicated against it. Write all answers in your own words; do not copy from the course material.
1. Write short notes on the following:
a) Types of volcanoes
b) Criteria for recognition of fault
2. Discuss classification of mountains based on their period and mode of origin
3. Explain briefly the erosional landforms of wind with the help of neat labelled sketches.
5 Discuss the significance of geology in our daily lives.
6. Differentiate between fault and joint and discuss their genetic classification.
7. Differentiate the following :
a) Asteroid, meteorite and comet
b) Convergent, divergent and conservative plate boundaries
8. What is unconformity? Add a note on different types of unconformities.
9. Discuss the depositional landforms of glaciers with the help of suitable diagrams.
10. Write short notes on the following:
a) Field equipments.
b) Evidences of sea floor spreading.