|Program :||BA / BDP|
|Course Code :||BEGE-108|
|Course Title :||Reading the Novel|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :|| 31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Reading the Novel
(Based on Blocks 1-6)
Course Code: BEGE-108/2019-20
Max. Marks: 100
Attempt all questions.
1. Write short notes on any two:
(i) New areas of Novel Writing
(ii) Themes in a novel
(iii) Prominent Women Novelists
(iv) The novel of the Diaspora
2. Would you agree that Dickens is a humanistic writer? Discuss your answer based on your reading of A Tale of Two Cities, No. 1 Branch Line: The Signalman and any other novel by Dickens that you might have read.
3. Attempt an analysis of Achebe as a postcolonial writer basing your answer on Things Fall Apart, and the other novels discussed in your study material.
4. Do you think Sunlight on a Broken Column deals with the exploitation of women? Discuss.
5. How would you place Paraja in the context of Indian Writing in English?
BE2GE108 , BEGE08, BEGE8, EEG-108, EEG-8, EEG-08,