|Course Code :||BEGC-109|
|Course Title :||British Romantic Literature|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BAG / BA (CBCS) / BA English Honours (BAEGH)|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2021 and January 2022|
|Last Date of Submission :||For June Examination: 31st March 2022
For December Examination: 30th September 2022
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
ASSIGNMENT: British Romantic Literature
Course Code: BEGC-109
Answer any five questions. All questions carry equal marks. (20 x 5 = 100)
1. Which years specify the Romantic period in English literature? Discuss the important changes which occurred in the literary, political and social spheres in this period.
2. Explain the basic difference between the Neoclassical and Romantic theories of poetry.
3. What are the three stages in the development of Wordsworth’s attitude to nature in “Tinern Abbey?
4. Comment on Blake’s portrayal of children and childhood in his Songs of Innocence and Experience.
5. Give an account of the punishment suffered by the Ancient Mariner. Attempt to show the various stages and the different kinds of suffering he undergoes.
6. Write a note on Lamb’s characteristic humour and pathos with reference to the essay you studied.
7. What do you think is Lord Byron’s aim through the satire? Illustrate with reference to Roll on Thou Deep and Dark Blue Ocean.
8. According to Shelley what are: The causes of human suffering and unhappiness?
9. Hope of happiness for mankind? Object of inspiration to a poet?
10. The features of Keat’s poetic craftsmanship, particularly his negative capability, are varied allusions, myth making, verbal coinage, and alliteration and assonance – discuss.
Keywords: BEGC-109, BEGC 109, BEGC109, BEGC-109 Assignment Solution, IGNOU Assignment Solution, IGNOU Solution Guide, IGNOU CBCS BA Assignment Solved