|Course Code :||BEGC-102|
|Course Title :||European Classical Literature|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BAG / BA (CBCS) / BA English Honours|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||January 2020 and July 2020|
|Last Date of Submission :||For June Examination: 31st March
For December Examination: 30th September
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
European Classical Literature
Assignment for January and July 2020 sessions
(Based on Blocks 1-4)
Maximum Marks 100
Answer All Questions.
Write short notes in about 200 words each: 4 × 5 = 20
(iv) New Greek Comedy
Answer the following in about 300 words each: 4 X 7.5 = 30
1. Write a note on the three dramatic unities?
2. Why does Oedipus accuse Creon of a conspiracy?
3. Describe Phaedria’s position in the play Pot of Gold?
4. What do you understand of the institution of marriage and the system of dowry in The Pot of Gold?
Answer the following questions in about 800 words each: 5 X 10 = 50
1. What are the characteristics of a western epic tradition.
2. Do you agree with Plato’s criticism that the Iliad offers no morals? Give a detailed answer.
3. Examine the four basic elements of a tragedy in relation to Oedipus Rex.
4. Explain the connections between Greek drama and the development of theatre in Rome.
5. Discuss the role of Lar Familiaris in Plautus’s Pot of Gold.
Keywords: BEGC-102, BEGC 102, BEGC102, BEGC-102 Assignment Solution, IGNOU Assignment Solution, IGNOU Solution Guide, IGNOU CBCS BA Assignment Solved