|Course Code :||BEGC-101|
|Course Title :||Indian Classical Literature|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BAG / BA (CBCS)|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||January 2020 and July 2020|
|Last Date of Submission :||For June Examination: 31st March
For December Examination: 30th September
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Compulsory Course of English (Hons) – BEGC 101
Indian Classical Literature (BEGC–101)
Programme: BAG & BA English (Hons)
Course Code: BEGC-101/2020
Total Marks: 100
Answer all the questions
Write short notes in about 200 words each:
1. (i) Different types of plays as elucidated in the Natyashastra
(ii) Compare the Sanskrit Epic and the Sanskrit Drama/ Play
(iv) Sangam Literature
Answer the following in about 300 words each: 4 X 7.5 = 30
1. What is the function of the Prologue in Abhijnana Shakuntala?
2. Discuss the significance of the Palace of Illusions/ Maya in the Mahabharata.
3. What purpose does the prologue serve in Mrichchhkatika?
4. Write a note on Jain influences in Cilappatikaran.
Answer the following questions in about 800 words each: 5 X 10 = 50
1. Comment on the themes discussed in Abhijnana Shakuntala.
2. Write a detailed essay on the use of fables, myths and folktales in the Mahabharata.
3. Keeping Sudraka’s Mrichchhkatika in mind, attempt to describe the link between the conditions of life in the society around us and the art of the same period.
4. Comment on the female presence in Cilappatikaran.
5. Name some of the prominent Classical Sanskrit playwrights and attempt a critical analysis of their works.
Keywords: BEGC-101, BEGC 101, BEGC101, BEGC-101 Assignment Solution, IGNOU Assignment Solution, IGNOU Solution Guide, IGNOU CBCS BA Assignment Solved