|Course Code :||BECE-016|
|Course Title :||Economic Development: Comparative Analysis and Contemporary Issues|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BA / BDP|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Economic Development: Comparative Analysis and
Programme Code: BDP
Course Code: BECE-016
Asst. Code: BECE-016/AST/TMA/2019-20
Maximum Marks: 100
Note: Answer all the questions.
A. Long Answer Questions. (Answer in about 500 words each)
1. Discuss the characteristic features of ‘capitalism’.
2. Explain the applications of Information Technology in the sectors of education and weather forecasting.
B. Medium Answer Questions. (Answer in about 250 words each)
3. Write a note on the economic characteristics of underdeveloped countries.
4. How does ‘capitalism’ cope with scarcity: explain.
5. Outline the need for ‘public private partnerships’.
6. What suggestions can you make on reforming the present ‘monetary system’?: outline.
C. Short Answer Questions. (Answer in about 100 words each)
7. Distinguish between:
a) Technology and Innovation
b) Terms of Trade and Exchange Rate Volatility
c) Harrod neutrality and Hicks neutrality
8. Write short notes on:
i) Uruguay Round.
ii) Preferential Trade Agreements
iii) Role of Public Sector