|Course Code :||BCSL-034|
|Course Title :||DBMS Lab|
|Assignment Number :||BCA(3)/034/Assignment/2020-21|
|Program :||BCA 3rd Semester|
|Maximum Marks :||50|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st October, 2020 (for July 2020 session)
15th April, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
This assignment has only one question. Answer the question. This question carries 40 marks. Rest 10 marks are for viva voce. You may use illustrations and diagrams to enhance the explanation. Please go through the guidelines regarding the assignments given in the programme guide for the format of presentation.
Q1. A Hostel Management System for a University requires a computerized system to automize its operations that support the following activities:
- Registration for UG/PG students
- Hostel Rooms Allocation
- Hostel Warden
- Hostel Mess
- Basic amenities in the room
- Hostel community room maintenance
- Maintenance/complaints handling (lights, fans, taps, electricity, stair-case lighting etc.,)
- Query support
- Report generation
Perform the following tasks:
- Using any of the drawing tools like smartdraw, dia, visio, conceptdraw etc. or else by your own hand, draw the complete ER diagram for the above event management system by identifying the entities, relationships, cardinality and key constraints. Follow proper conventions.
- Create database to support/accommodate all the functionalities referred above. Perform Normalization till required NF and prepare Normalized tables.
- Using MS-Access, implement by designing various forms to support the above modules.
- Report generation should include the expenditure statement for list of students along with room-nos., reports of expenditure in hostel-mess, expenditure incurred in hostel maintenance etc.
Keyword: BCSL-034 Assignment Solution, BCSL034 Solution for July 2020 Session and January 2021 Session, IGNOU BCA Assignment Solutions, BCA Lab Solution, IGNOU BCA Lab Solved Assignment, IGNOU Solved Assignment for BCA 3rd Semester, Database Management System Lab Assignment Solution, BCA Solved Assignment in Softcopy PDF