BCSL-034 Solved Assignment 2018-19 For IGNOU BCA 3rd Semester. Valid for July 2018 and January 2019 Session.
Course Code : BCSL-034
Course Title : DBMS Lab
Assignment Number : BCA(3)/L-034/Assignment/2018-19
Maximum Marks : 50
Weightage : 25%
Last date of Submission : 15th October, 2018 (For July, 2018 Session)
15th April, 2019 (For January, 2019 Session)
This assignment has only one question. Answer the question. This question carries 40 marks. Rest 10 marks are for viva voice. You may use illustrations and diagrams to enhance the explanation. Please go through the guidelines regarding the assignments given in the programme guide for the format of presentation.
Question 1: A Restaurant requires a computerized system to automize its inventory and customers’- billing operations to support the following functionalities:
- Input entries of purchases done like groceries, vegetables, oils, powders etc.. (per day basis)
- Bill generation (for customers)
- Query support
- Report generation
- Update necessary details about the Menu, charges on various category of delivery (normal, speed), receipt of incoming consignments, despatch of outgoing consignments, tracking details of the consignments, registering complaints etc..
Perform the following tasks:
- Draw an ER diagram by identifying the entities, relationships and cardinality by using any of the drawing tools like smartdraw, dia, visio, conceptdraw etc.. to manage the said functionalities of the Restaurant. Follow proper conventions.
- Create suitable database to support/accommodate all the functionalities referred above. Perform Normalization till required NF and prepare Normalized tables.
- Using MS-Access, design various forms to support the operations of Inventory and Customer Billing.
- Report generation like daily reports of the inventory handling, customer billing on day to day basis etc..
Note: You must perform the above said activities and also screenshots of the layouts, sample input and output along with the necessary documentation for this practical question. Assumptions can be made wherever necessary.