|Course Code :||AHE-1|
|Course Title :||Application Oriented Course on Human Environment|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BA / BDP / B.Sc|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Submission Period:||From 1st January 2020 to 31st December 2020|
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
(Tutor Marked Assignment)
Course Code: AHE-01
Assignment Code: AHE-01/TMA/ 2020
Maximum Marks: 100
1. Differentiate between the following pairs:
i) Toxic substance and hazardous substance
ii) Desert and Grasslandi
ii) Mutualism and Commensalism
iv) Family and Kingship
v) Perihelion orbital and aphelion orbital of the sun.
2. Define carrying capacity. What are the different types of carrying capacity? Explain how the finite nature of resources determines carrying capacity.
3. How is the epidemiological approach used to study health problems related to the environment?
4. Explain the economic implications of waste generation and waste disposal.
5. Write short notes on the following:
v) Freshwater ecosystem
6. Describe the Chernobyl accident and discuss the various issues that arose after the accident.
7. Discuss air quality standards.
8. (a) List the reasons for extinction of Wild Life and discuss any one reason.
(b) Describe the various modes of transmission of communicable diseases.
9. (a) Describe the steps involved in the primary and secondary treatment of sewage water in order to make it suitable for drinking purpose.
(b) Describe the measures that are used to rehabilitate degraded land.
10. (a) Discuss the effects of radiation on human health.
(b) Discuss the role of NGOs in the protection and management of the environment.
Keyword: AHE01, AHE1, AHE 1, AHE-1, AHE-01 Solved Assignment 2019-20, AHE-01 Eglish Medium Solved Assignment, AHE 01 Assignment Solution in English Medium, AHE 01 Assignment for IGNOU, Assignment Guide, IGNOU Assignment Help, Solved Assignment in Softcopy